meat and SEAFOOD TEAM MEMBER
LEARN ABOUT THE ROLE AND APPLY
About the role
Are you passionate about food, have high-energy and love working with people? We’re looking for a team member in the meat and seafood department where you will be responsible for receiving, preparing and selling meat and seafood products and maintaining the area.
What You’ll Do: Responsibilities
- Receive, unload and put away product delivery. Cut and prepare meat and seafood products for food display, following organic standards procedures
- Provide customer service, including weighing, pricing and packaging customer selections as well as answering customer questions and making recommendations
- Operate and sanitize meat and seafood equipment safely and properly
- Maintain a fresh and attractive product display by checking codes and rotating products
- Ensure correct and helpful signage and pricing in department
- Support sampling program, introducing customers to new products
- Ensure a safe and sanitary department, following sanitation and safety procedures
- Immediately report all life safety and fire hazards, violations of company policy, and all accidents and injuries to store leadership
- Answer department calls quickly and with excellent etiquette
- Perform other responsibilities as assigned by team leader and/or store management.
Who You Are: Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities
- Must be 18 years or older and work a maximum of 8-10 hours per day.
- High energy, enthusiastic and a passion for working with customers
- Enjoy working in a fast-paced environment and can manage your time and effort effectively
- Stand and walk for extended periods of time up to 4 hours, without a break.
- Ability to visually examine products for quality and freshness and signage and labeling for accurate pricing.
- Be able to bend and stoop to grasp objects, lift loads, push and pull carts and climb ladders. Must be able to consistently bend and twist neck and waist, reach above and below shoulders and squat during the course of a work shift.
- Must be able to lift and carry reasonable loads as part of performing duties: Up to 10 pounds regularly, 11-25 pounds intermittently, and up to 50 pounds occasionally.
- Ability to consistently apply repetitive use of hands for grasping, pushing and pulling and fine manipulation of products.
- High attention to detail, maintaining quality and operations across food products, costs, safety, etc.
- Proven proficiency in the proper use of a dumpster, baler, knives and related equipment
- Willing and able to work in environment with some extremes, including cold, outdoors, noise, exposure to fish and shellfish as well as cleaning or other commercial chemicals, cooking oils, grease, and dust.
- Able to work a variety of shifts, including weekends, evenings and holidays.
- Able to positively receive constructive feedback related to job performance
- You’re able to deliver information in a clear and respectable manner to fellow team members and customers
- You have a strong work ethic and integrity
Desired Work Experience
- Meat and fish prep and selling experience
- Team oriented
- Customer service focus