deli TEAM lead
LEARN ABOUT THE ROLE AND APPLY
About the role
Are you passionate about food, are customer-oriented and love working with a team? We’re looking for a supervisor of our deli department in our family-owned food market. You will be responsible for overall operation of the deli, including training staff and ensuring proper food preparation.
What You’ll Do: Responsibilities
- Prepare, package, weigh, and price prepared foods and deli for sale
- Supervise the work of other team members in the department, ensuring high production and service standards Ensure a fresh, well-stocked and appealing displays of prepared foods, accurate department signage and pricing and clean and well-organized work area
- Assist leadership, as needed, to select, train, develop, mentor, motivate and counsel team members to sustain a high-performance team
- Be a leader in the kitchen, rallying the team during heavy shifts, resolving conflicts and getting the job done.
- Manage food cost, waste and employee hours and schedules
- Set daily and weekly cleaning schedules for the kitchen
- Ensure team members are trained on proper food preparation, kitchen safety techniques and health standards.
- Maintain and monitor the use of temperature, production, spoilage, and department transfer logs
- Model and provide outstanding customer service to keep our customers coming back
- Follow department opening and closing procedures
- Follow and comply with established procedures, including Weights and Measures, health and sanitation, and safe work practices
Who You Are: Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities
- High attention to detail, maintaining quality and operations across food products, costs, safety, etc.
- High energy, enthusiastic and a passion for working with customers
- Enjoy working in a fast-paced environment and can manage your time and effort effectively
- Proven skill and leadership qualities in the kitchen, including knowledge of general prepared foods department practices and procedures
- Strong management skills, dealing with food, and also guiding the work of others
- Highly organized, keeping work schedules, shipments, cleaning schedules and more
- You’re a problem solver who can deal with and resolve conflict and challenges with team members, customers and vendors. Being able to come up with a solution quickly is a needed skill.
- You’re able to deliver information in a clear and respectable manner to fellow team members and customers
- You have a strong work ethic and integrity
- You are passionate about food
- You follow instructions and procedures
- Ability to visually examine products for quality and freshness
- You are able to work a flexible schedule including nights, weekends, and holidays as needed
- Knowledge of proper knife-handling skills
- Basic proficiency with computer applications and programs including email, Google Drive, and operations related applications
Desired Work Experience
- 1+ years of Supervisory experience
- Prepared Foods Retail (Culinary / Kitchen / Restaurant)
- Team Oriented
- Customer Service Focus