CAshier and grocery team member
LEARN ABOUT THE ROLE AND APPLY
About the role
As a team member on the floor of our family-owned produce and grocery store, you will be responsible for supporting and assisting customers during the checkout process, performing all cash register functions, and bagging groceries. Responsibilities will also include receiving and preparing product and maintaining attractive displays within the store - ranging from grocery to produce products. You will ensure customers are delighted by their experience by providing friendly and efficient customer service.
What You’ll Do: Responsibilities
- Deliver consistently excellent customer service and address needs of customers in a timely and effective way. Our goal is to delight the customer and exceed their expectations!
- Control customer flow to reduce waiting time for customers.
- Follow procedures for customer check out, handling of tenders, use of tares, sales of alcoholic beverages, and use of PLUs and UPCs.
- Follow all cash handling procedures; Understand, meet and exceed regional cashier variance policy (CVP).
- Maintain a safe, clean and well-organized working and shopping environment by changing tapes and ribbon as needed, sweeping floors, and completing sweep logs.
- Operate and sanitize all equipment in a safe and proper manner.
- Ensure a fresh and appealing display by keeping cases and shelves clean and well stocked by front-facing, checking codes, rotating, and removing out-of-date products.
- Maintain accurate department signage and pricing; Follow established procedures to report errors in retail pricing or signage.
- Stock and clean grocery shelves, bulk bins, frozen and dairy case.
- Ensure compliance with all applicable US regulatory rules and regulations, Weights and Measures, health and sanitation, and adhere to safe work practices.
- Maintain back stock in good order.
- Assist with sampling program, keeping sample areas full, clean, and appealing.
- Operate and sanitize all Grocery equipment in a safe and proper manner.
- Support all store programs.
- Address customer calls quickly and with excellent phone etiquette.
Who You Are: Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities
- You have excellent communication skills and willingness to work as part of a team
- You enjoy interacting with customers, and can sell proactively
- You’re able to deliver information in a clear and respectable manner to fellow team members and customers
- You follow instructions and procedures
- You are passionate about natural and organic foods and products
- You manage your time and effort effectively
- You have a strong work ethic and integrity
- You are able to work a flexible schedule including nights, weekends, and holidays as needed
- You can work in a fast-paced environment, with a sense of urgency
- Use of tools and equipment, including box cutters
- Ability to visually examine products for quality and freshness
- Ability to work in a wet and cold environment
- Ability to use tools and equipment, including box cutters, electric pallet jacks, and other heavy machinery
- Previous customer service experience preferred
- Customer service focus
- Team oriented